Hey college sports fans! Do you think you have opinions on college sports that will spark conversation? Are you sick and tired of websites that rely on game previews and recaps? Do you want to write for the fun of it? If so, Campus Pressbox is the place for you.
We’d love to have your opinions on any college sport, but are really looking for those really passionate about college basketball and football. Any team or conference in Division I, II and III.
So now you’re asking yourself, “what do I need to do to be considered?” All you need to do is send senior editor Bob McDonald (@bobmcdonald) a 500-word writing sample to bob [dot] mcdonald [at] campuspressbox [dot] com. If the sample is good enough (and previously unpublished), we will consider this for your first post for Campus Pressbox.
Insiders/Social Media Manager
Campus Pressbox seeks a candidate for a non-writing/non-editorial position, reporting to the Executive Editor that will manage both the site’s social media, as well as the Campus Pressbox Insiders program. The Insiders/Social Media Manager will be responsible for the following
- Coordinate scheduled social media postings of Campus Pressbox columns and other interactions, as well as monitor data from traffic generated from social media.
- Manage the compilation and distribution of the Campus Pressbox Insiders newsletters, which publishes once per month, and the general Campus Pressbox newsletters, which publishes weekly.
- Coordinate Campus Pressbox Insiders membership program, which will including managing day-to-day program matters, engaging with existing members and devising ideas to expand membership.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be proficient in social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook, and have some familiarity with how to use HootSuite.
- Possess experience in using e-mail marketing platforms.
- Has prior experience in coordinating site membership programs and/or community outreach.
Please contact senior editor Bob McDonald at bob [dot] mcdonald [at] campuspressbox [dot] com to apply for this position.
Writers for Basketball and Football
Campus Pressbox seeks individuals to write about their favorite basketball teams and conferences on a regular basis both during the season and beyond. The writer must be able to write on stories as needed or directed by the editorial staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be proficient in either AP or Chicago writing style
- Passion for the conference or team you write about certainly helpful, but not required
- Has the ability to go beyond the box score. If you are interested in writing about any of the Power Five schools/conference, this is required!
- Is familiar with WordPress, Facebook and Twitter
Mid-Major Conferences: This includes, but isn’t limited to, Northeast Conference, Ivy League, Atlantic Sun, Sun Belt, MEAC, SWAC, Mountain West, Southland, Big West, West Coast Conference, Big Sky, Patriot League, Colonial Athletic Association, MAAC, Southern and Missouri Valley. Campus Pressboard is also looking for individuals to write about Football Championship Series programs.
Non-Division I: Campus Pressbox is also expanding into schools and conferences in Division II and III
Do You Have What It Takes?
Please send a writing sample that’s fit to be published to senior editor Bob McDonald at bob [dot] mcdonald [at] campuspressbox [dot] com.